- NEW TOOL: The Shale Health Impact Assessment (HIA) Template is designed to give you a structured way to bring together data on your community, the expected emissions from shale gas or oil development, and the potential health risks posed to residents in the immediate area. It can provide decision-makers with a comprehensive perspective on the siting, expanding, or maintaining of a shale gas or oil compressor station.
- Interested in the growing body of literature that contributes to our understanding of the mental health impacts of unconventional oil and gas development activities? Read our literature review on this now.
- Check out our newest handouts:
- We're hiring! EHP has an open position: Environmental Health Analyst (located in New Haven, CT).
- Want to learn more about compressor stations in New York State and their health impacts? Find out more by visiting our EHP-NY website and download our pamphlet on Important Information for Health Care Providers.
The Environmental Health Project (EHP) is a nonprofit public health organization that assists and supports residents of Southwestern Pennsylvania and beyond who believe their health has been, or could be, impacted by unconventional oil and gas development (UOGD, commonly known as “fracking”). Our team of medical professionals, community service professionals, and public health scientists is here to help!
Click on one of the icons below to learn about how UOGD (“fracking”) can affect your health and environment, and find out what you can do to protect yourself.