- Far away from any witnesses, my small town is being poisoned by fracking waste.
In a tiny south-eastern Ohio town in the Appalachian foothills, the Hazel Ginsburg Well is holding waste from out-of-state fracking operations - a sludge of toxic chemicals and undrinkable water.
- Portable Functional Neuroimaging as an Environmental Epidemiology Tool: A How-To Guide for the Use of fNIRS in Field Studies
Introduction Exposure to environmental toxicants has been associated with statistically significant structural and functional brain anomalies that have been measured with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) (Brubaker et al. 2010; Rauh et al. 2012; White et al. 2011; Yuan et al. 2006). For example, in adults, early-life exposures to lead and chlorpyrifos (a commonly used organophosphate […]
- Regulation of Chromatin Assembly and Cell Transformation by Formaldehyde Exposure in Human Cells
Introduction Formaldehyde (FA) is widely used in the production of industrial and consumer products; therefore, FA can be detected in many households and building materials (IARC 2012; Swenberg et al. 2013). FA is also generated as a by-product of combustion. Common environmental sources include tobacco smoke, automotive exhaust fumes, and fires. In addition, FA is […]
- Pipeline agency fails to explain how it assesses risk, prioritizes inspections
It’s unclear whether federal regulators are properly prioritizing safety inspections on the nation’s massive network of natural gas and hazardous liquids pipelines, according to a recent report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office. Pipeline safety is overseen by the Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA), which is part of the U.S. Department of Transportation. [...]
- Delco homeowners ask court to halt Mariner East 2 pipeline construction
A Delaware County homeowners association is asking an appeals court to halt local work on the controversial Mariner East 2 pipeline until its builder, Sunoco Pipeline, finds a way to stop disturbance of contaminated soil at the site. The Andover Homeowners Association in Thornbury Township says construction on the edge of its upscale 39-home development [...]
- Lawsuit seeks to stop fracking in Nevada.
Environmentalists have sued a U.S. agency to try to stop it from allowing oil and gas drilling on a vast stretch of federal land in Nevada, where the government is reversing protections put in place nine months ago under the Obama administration.